From your Pet’s Perspective:
- slipper tough of war (continue until slipper is not recognizable)
- grab stocks from drawer, hamper or kitchen table (not important where they are found, create some nice holes)
- scratching the sofa (dig deep-shreds of fabric may appear, just ignore and continue)
Wait! Instead of this recipe for play, you can be the Master Cook!
So, just what might that rolodex of pet play recipes look like?
- A rat on a string that you bobble or wobble in front of your cat (watch out for those swatting paws)
- A dog with a chew toy (sanctioned play toy) flinging it over his hind legs…licking, chewing, and chasing
- A romp at the neighborhood park, or a sniffing journey along a favorite walkway (providing mom/dad with a bit of exercise along the way)
- A game of hide and seek with favorite treats
The joys of a daily dose of play! We all need play time, laughter and play also releases endorphins in the brain and besides I bet that playing with your pet companion produces some smiles. Your pet loves some play time and why not come up with your own recipes for play. Take these play recipes out on a raining day or just to add more sunshine anytime in your life. And who knows what adventures pop-up with play…
“Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat-pocket, or a watch to take out of it, and burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it, and fortunately was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge.” (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll)